As part of its commitment to educational outreach, OPHI provides training seminars and short courses designed to serve the academic, practitioner, and policy communities involved in human development, as well as a portal of online training materials for students and educators. Subjects include survey design and implementation, the academic underpinnings of rigorous multidimensional poverty measurement, the capability approach, and other human development topics.
OPHI’s teaching activities include:
- Short Courses – each year OPHI offers a summer school, as well as other short courses
- Seminar Series – weekly seminars during Michaelmas (autumn) and Hilary (winter) terms at Oxford University.
- Online Training Portal – a free online platform of training materials on multidimensional poverty measurement including videos, audio files, problem sets, and Powerpoint presentations.
- Customised Training – OPHI provides training to project partners.
- HDCA Resources – curriculum, links, and pedagogical modules for instructors are also available in the Human Development and Capability Association’s educational materials.