Useful links for Poverty Research
- Brooks World Poverty Institute A multidisciplinary centre of global excellence researching poverty, poverty reduction and inequality in both the developing and developed worlds.
- The Capabilities Measurement Project
- Frederick S. Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-Range Future at Boston University
- Human Development and Capability Association (HDCA) Launched in September 2004, the HDCA promotes research from many disciplines on key problems including poverty, justice, well-being, and economics. Amartya Sen was the Founding President of HDCA 2004-2006.
- The Human Development, Capability and Poverty International Research Centre (HDCP-IRC)
- Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous UN agency engaging in multidisciplinary research on the social dimensions of contemporary problems affecting development. Through its research, UNRISD stimulates dialogue and contributes to policy debates on key issues of social development within and outside the United Nations system.
- United Nations Development Programme Human Development Report Office (UNDP HDRO) produces the annual global UNDP Human Development Reports and oversees the development of regional and national Human Development Reports.
- United Nations University-World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER) is the first research and training centre of the United Nations University, established in Helsinki, Finland in 1984. UNU-WIDER undertakes applied research and policy analysis on global development and poverty issues.
- University of Oxford
- Wellbeing in Developing Countries Research Group The Wellbeing in Developing Countries Research Group (WeD) at the University of Bath aims to advance understanding of wellbeing in developing countries through: Wellbeing Research, Working Papers, Wellbeing Analysis for Policy and Practice, and Hosting the WeD Network for exchange of ideas and information.
- The World Bank Living Standards Measurement Study
International Organisations and Networks
- African Economic Research Consortium
- Chronic Poverty Advisory Network
- European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI)
- Global Giving
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Partnership for Economic Policy
An international network of researchers in developing countries who have the expertise, resources and reputation to contribute to national and international debates on economic policies related to poverty.
- Poverty Environment Net
- The Poverty and Economic Policy (PEP) Research Network brings together and provides scientific and financial support to teams of developing country researchers working to reduce poverty.
- Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative aims to put human rights standards at the heart of global governance and policy-making and to ensure that the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable are addressed on the global stage.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
- UNDP International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG), formerly the International Poverty Centre.
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Department for International Development (DFID), UK
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS)
- Philippine Human Development Network
- Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)
- Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)
- Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS)
If you would like to propose a relevant link for this page, please contact us.