Instructor: Enrica Chiappero-Martinetti, Associate Professor of Economics, Faculty of Political Science, University of Pavia and Director of the Human Development, Capability and Poverty – International Research Centre at the Institute of Advanced Study (IUSS) at Pavia.
- Empirical analysis based on CA: what a researcher potentially needs
- Data availability: what the available data sources potentially offer
- Primary analysis
- Secondary analysis (Macro data, Micro data)
- Briefing on some applied statistical techniques (scaling and ranking solutions, fst, multivariate data reduction techniques, regression approach)
- Review of empirical analysis in the capability approach
Chiappero-Martinetti, E. and J. M. Roche Operationalization of the Capability Approach, From Theory to Practice: A Review of Techniques and Empirical Applications. 2009.