The Multidimensional Poverty Peer Network (MPPN) is pleased to announce a high-level Side-Event at the 52nd session of the UN Statistical Commission on Thursday, 25th February 2021, at 9:00am New York time on Zoom.
Open to all, the event ‘Multidimensional Poverty Indices: An SDG Indicator, an Official Statistic, and a Policy Tool’ will be chaired by Mr Risenga Maluleke, Statistician General of Statistics South Africa who will be joined by representatives from 14 countries.
Speaker presentations will include:
- Hasibullah Mowahed, Deputy Director General, National Statistics and Information
- Mohammad Tajul Islam, Director General, Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics
- Samuel K. Annim, Government Statistician, Ghana Statistical Service
- Julio Santaella, President, National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI), Mexico
- Batdavaa Batmunkh, Chairman, National Statistics Office of Mongolia
- Alex Shimuafeni, Statistician-General and CEO, Namibia Statistics Agency
- Juan Daniel Oviedo, Director, National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE), Colombia
- Jawad Al Saleh, Assistant of PCBS President for the Development of Statistical Affairs, Palestine Central Bureau of Statistics
- Jameson Ndwala, Director, Demography and Social Media Statistics, Malawi National Statistics Office
- Iván Mauricio Ojeda, National Director, National Institute for Statistics (INE), Paraguay
- Dennis Claire S. Mapa, National Statistician, Philippine Statistics Authority
- Silvia Meku, Director General, National Bureau of Statistics, Tanzania
- Chaney John, Director General, Angola National Statistics Office
- Nozipho Shabalala, Chief Director for Poverty and Inequality Statistics, Statistics South Africa
- Sabina Alkire, Director, Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI)
- Gonzalo Hernández Licona, Director, Multidimensional Poverty Peer Network
Multidimensional Poverty Indices (MPIs) are widely used to measure and fight poverty in all its dimensions. In this session, statisticians will share how they are using MPIs to coordinate poverty eradication policies, track progress towards the SDGs, and target the most vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com.