Global MPI Databank
Browse through our databank to view the global MPI 2020 data in different ways and use it in briefings, teaching or presentations.
On this page you can compare countries, highlight a chosen country (or rural/urban area), and select different indicators as you scroll down. The databank covers the following:
- Country data for MPI, H (incidence), A (intensity), Vulnerability and Severe Poverty.
- Country data for the headcount ratio of poverty for MPI and $1.90/day.
- Country data for censored and uncensored headcount ratios of indicators.
- The contribution of MPI indicators to each country’s MPI.
On this page you can highlight a chosen country, and select different indicators as you scroll down to observe the level and composition of poverty by subnational areas. The databank covers the following:
- Summary results for MPI, H, A
- Subnational aggregates for MPI, H, A, Vulnerability and Severe Poverty
- Subnational data for censored and uncensored headcount ratios of indicators
- Subnational percentage contribution of MPI indicators
- Country-level distribution of the intensity of poverty
- Country-level/Rural/Urban deprivations among MPI poor
Citation: It would be greatly appreciated if users could acknowledge the source: Alkire. S, Kanagaratnam, U. and Suppa, N. (2020) ‘The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) 2020’, OPHI MPI Methodological Note 49, Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative, University of Oxford.