HDCA Summer School on Capability and Multidimensional Poverty
11 September- 20 September 2010, Amman, Jordan
Co-organized by OPHI and Human Development and Capability Association
Taught by: Sabina Alkire (Director, OPHI) and OPHI Researchers.
Course purpose: to provide a thorough conceptual and technical introduction to current literature and techniques of measuring and comparing capabilities, drawing on various techniques of multidimensional measurement and of statistical analysis.
- Unidimensional Measurement and Dominance
- Introduction to Stat Matrices, Loops and Other Basics
- Introduction to the Capability Approach
- Why Multidimensional Poverty Measures?
- Normative Issues in Multidimensional Poverty Measurement
- Principal components Analysis and Factor Analysis
- Multidimensional Poverty Measurement
- Issues in the Analysis of Alkire-Foster Measure (Section I,II and III)
- Missing Dimensions
- Inequality and HDI
- Multidimensional Dominance