|Job Title: Research Associate
Contact Details: Technische Universität Dortmund
Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät
Volkswirtschaftslehre (Öffentliche Finanzen)
D-44221 Dortmund, Germany
Multidimensional poverty measurement; applied econometrics; welfare economics; capability approach; labour economics.
2013 Ph.D. in Economics, TU Dortmund (Germany)
2008 Diploma in Sociology, TU Dortmund (Germany)
2007 Diploma in Economics, TU Dortmund (Germany)
* The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI): 2018 Revision, OPHI MPI Methodological Notes, no. 46 (together with Sabina Alkire and Usha Kanagaratnam).
* The effect of unemployment on social participation of spouses—Evidence from plant closures in Germany, Empirical Economics, forthcoming (together with Lars Kunze), https://doi.org/10.1007/s00181-018-1542-4
* Towards a Multidimensional Poverty Index for Germany, Empirica, vol. 45, no. 4 pp.655-683, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10663-017-9385-3
* Transitions in Poverty and Deprivations. An Analysis of Multidimensional Poverty Dynamics. Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 51, pp.235–258, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00355-018-1114-8
* Walls of Glass. Measuring Deprivation in Social Participation, OPHI Working Paper No. 117, University of Oxford.
* Unemployment as a Social Norm Revisited: Novel Evidence from German Counties, The Empirical Economics Letters, vol. 16, no. 10 (together with Lars Kunze).
* Bowling alone or bowling at all? The effect of unemployment on social participation, Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organization, 2017, vol. 133, pp.213–235, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2016.11.012 (together with Lars Kunze)
* Comparing Monetary and Multidimensional Poverty in Germany, OPHI Working Paper, No. 103, University of Oxford.
* Capability Deprivation and Life Satisfaction. Evidence from German Panel Data, Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, vol.16, pp.173–199, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19452829.2015.1029880
* The Capability Perspective: Basic Features and their Relevance for Social Policy, in: H.U. Otto and H. Ziegler, eds., Critical Social Policy and the Capability Approach, Barbara Budrich.